Here is my base polish, MUA (Make-Up Academy) 13. Ooh I know. A number. But it’s quite a pretty green shimmer polish, see?
This is two coats, no top coat, and it definitely needs a third. So, sheer, weird little puffy brush, but it still functions just fine.
And then I added a coat of Darling Diva Polish Ms. Monster Esq.
This was probably the densest glitter I have EVER found, at least that first brush. It got a bit more manageable after that!
This has so many glitters in it, a clear base, purple, green, red and white glitters in different sizes and levels of shine. 😀 And then I added another coat, plus Misa BREAKneck top coat.
Woah, holy glitter overload, Batman! Gotta love it 😀
This dried really fast, and a bit gritty. I’d recommend a thick top coat, eg Nail Pattern Boldness Glitter Food, if you wanted to wear it for more than a day or so.
Darling Diva Polish can be found at her Etsy store here, or on Llarowes site. I think Ms Monster Esq was last years Halloween polish; I bought this off Lani, but even if you can’t find this polish, check out the DDP range! She makes some amazing polishes. 🙂 MUA polishes and makeup can be found at their website here.
Have a great day
I decided to do something different, and catalog some of my lipsticks (and some lipglosses) by brand.
L-R (on my arm, no primer)
- Bare – soooo pale and chalky like death on me.
- 11 -my favourite of these lipsticks, flattering on my olive-ish skin tone, not chalky, very moisturising. Doesn’t stay on long , but easy to reapply.
- 7 – looks almost like 11, but it’s more orange and patchy.
- Nectar – PEACH! wow. Sort of a strange texture, sticks around on any rough skin areas like a party overstayer. Best blended with another lipstick!
- Intense Kisses Gloss – Stolen Kisses (from Shan, thank you so much!) – I love this, a little goes a long way as it’s very pigmented, smells a bit like sweet vanilla, and the colour hangs around for longer than most glosses do.
- Out There Plumping Lipgloss – Pin Up Pink. Silly design, very long thin tube = very long thin applicator, makes putting it on tricky. Well, unless you just take the gloss off with your finger, which you have to do, because the long thin applicator is all flooopy and wobbly. Sigh. Also, the gloss smells like yucky plastic. Not my favourite gloss ever, though the colour is quite nice. Wears off almost instantly. Does it plump lips? It does not. None of them do. And yet I still try… sigh.
- Sheer Finish gloss – Some Me Time. Just like real life ‘me time’, disappears instantly. Sheer, smells generically sweet fruity, nice enough.
L-R , bare arm, no primer
- 743 Pink
- 747 Soft Rose – gorgeous every day colour
- 709 Toastie Taupe
- 704 Mocha Cream – can be used to give a soft wash of colour, not just dark brown.
These are all very soft and smooth, easy to apply, and give good colour payoff. They also disappear very quickly, but reapplication is easy. They smell nice, sweet and fruity, and my eldest boy likes to eat them. sigh. Don’t leave them in the car, they melt in the heat.
left to right, bare skin, no primer 🙂
- 230 – Super Lustrous Lipstick – Flesh Tone
- 007 – Matte Lipstick – In The Red
- 050 – Hazelnut
- 080 – Coral (it’s a very red coral!)
My sad pitiful collection of Indies..
Left to right, no primer
- Evil Shades Deviant Lipstick – Jenaveve
- Geek Chic Chrysalis
- Geek Chic Banished (gloss).
I was a bit concerned my Geek Chic‘s would be like the Evil Shades – you know, ok, but nothing special. WRONG. The swatches don’t really show how metallic Chrysalis looks, but it does show the amazing-ness of Banished.
The thing is… I can’t, really, go around wearing these on their own to school and kindy and, you know, boring ol town. Well, if I had lips like MaSucree’s I might, but I don’t… 😀 HOWEVER, both the lipstick and the gloss can be patted on to change other colours: I use Banished a lot to darken the light MUA lipsticks, and make them last longer. I don’t know if I could wear it on it’s own, the formula is really thick and sticky, and goes patchy. But with practice, I’m sure it’s do-able, just only use a tiny bit!
Have a great day