Holy moly did I make a mess of this. First attempt, and showing it in all it’s messiness, be kind! I did quite like the effect of the ring finger though, it looked spray painted.
Polishes used: Orly Robo Romance, Color Club Rev’d Up, and L.A. Colours Cranberry Red. Why? I like red and purple combined, it’s obnoxiously in-your-face. I dislike Robo Romance, it’s an awful polish with so much potential to be awesome, so felt safe to use that.
Notes to self:
- Use warmer water. Mine didn’t disperse like the videos said it should.
- Use similar textured polishes – not a crelly and a shimmer AND a glitter. Tape is NOT YOUR FRIEND.
- And you know how you thought you’d hate this? Well, you’ll actually be quite intrigued, and try again soon. Pity your camera batteries are flat, hey.
So, I did try it again – and used lipbalm instead of tape, and two shimmers, and warm water, and it looked a LOT better. I can see me cranking this out again for an accent nail, but probably not for ALL my fingers, I just don’t have the energy for that!
Have a wonderful day 🙂
Turns out I have 4 red creme/jelly nail polishes (crellies, I like to smoosh words together). That’s heaps, I think, and definitely enough for a comparison!
So… here they are.
From right to left:
- Little finger/pinky = OPI So Hot It Berns (2 coats no top coat)
- Ring finger = L.A. Colors Cranberry Red (2 coats no top coat)
- Middle finger = Miki No.8 (3 coats with top coat, would have the exact same finish and depth of colour as the others without it though)
- Pointer/index finger = Depend 036 (2 coats no top coat)
The LA Colors stands out by miles as being much darker and heading towards burgandy-ville compared to the others, that much is obvious. OPI (little finger) is a very classic red, but I would call this one ‘blue based’ compared to the rest, as it has that depth and cool tone that the other two don’t.
Of the other two, I would say the Depend polish is a true red, crayon or primary red. The Miki definitely has a bit more of an orange tone to it.
So, no dupes, and I like them ALLLL! 😀 I realise that the Miki and the Depend look very similar in these photos, so I took a bottle shot to show that difference between them a bit clearer.
Have a great day!